Wednesday 28 May 2014

Big questions for a little man who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes

It is our second week on an insulin pump and results wise we are managing extremely good. What we are struggling with, it is an attachment of cannulas 'Mios' to my 5 year old son's tummy.

Routine change of cannula has triggered some Big BIG Questions.

As we were changing cannula 2 days ago, our son asked: "Why do I need it? Would I die with out it?"

"Yes, Toby, you would die without insulin but we won't let it happen. We will look after you to make sure that you are fine. We will do it because we love you too much."

Only two days apart and we have incident with cannula falling out... It falls of his tummy and it happens not only ones but twice. It is first ever occurrence since we have been connected and I am puzzled... How and why did it happen.

As I am attaching cannula for a second time, Toby says:

"Mum, Will I need this, Will I be diabetic when I am 18?"

"Yes, Toby, you will need it when you are 18 unless miracle happens or science progresses. You may pray God and he can heal you like he looked after his own son."

No comments:

Post a Comment